Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
zbook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Received the zbook 5 days ago with win 10.  Downgraded to win 7 (no errors in process)  with hotkeys driver loaded, f5 & f6 keys (and others) throw this hpCaslNotification error with hex codes. First it only happened of I pressed the keys fast.  But each time I pressed the ker and hourglass would appear.  If I waited for it to go away before pressing again, the error would not throw.  But I aso noticed that with the stickey keys active, they would not make a sound as expected.  I removed the hotkey driver and eventually the stickey keys would sound, but then the monitor couldn't be adjusted.  But installing the hotkey consistantly produces the error.  Now it does it with one press.  I have re-installed win7 2x.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.