Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi all,

after trying all day long to solve this problem, I now really need your help. Obviously it's not possible to set VT-d and VT-x settings in BIOS with the BiosConfigUtility. I also read a lot about that. But I couldn't find any official statement about that. Is there one?

And is there any other possibility to set these settings without going to BIOS manually and set it there?

I'm using Z420 workstations.

Any answer is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Best regards,

knutale

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Get the latest BIOS on first.....

On a Z620 you can just hit F10 early during a reboot and you'll get into BIOS setup.  Then go over to the Security tab and down to the System Security line.

Then to Virtualization Technology (VTx) and change that from Disable to Enable.  That opens a new line, Intel VTd, within BIOS without having to reboot.... and on mine it was set to Disable.  Change it to Enable also.

F10 to save, use Escape key to back out of BIOS to the File tab.  Choose to Save Changes and Exit at the bottom..... you'll have to F10 again to confirm.

It should work fine that way (the old fashioned way).

HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

thanks for your reply!

I know how to set that setting in BIOS manually. But I want to know if it's possible to set that setting also with the HP BiosConfigUtility or with any other tool.

Best regards,

knutale

HP Recommended

Still no response to this? I am having the exact same issue in not being able to use the BiosConfigUtility to enable virtualization on an HP ProDesk 600 G1. Doing so from the BIOS menu during reboot is not an enterprise solution. I need to automate this.

HP Recommended

In my Z820 workstation I can use the preinstalled HP Performance Advisor tool (within Windows 7) to modify BIOS settings. This tool is provided by HP to select workstations.

Still, I am not sure if processor virtualization settings are included among those settings that can be modified while Windows operating system is running.

Personally, a few years ago when I installed virtual XP-Mode over Windows 7 Professional, I modified Z820 BIOS with F10 at restart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.