Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (281 Views)

xenapp reports same client name for all clients, T610 thinpro

Hello,

In the citrix console, all the clients have the same name as the client I imaged.
The client names show correctly in HP device manager and in an SSH session. I changed the name using HPDM.

File /etc/hostname shows the right name.

File /etc/hosts had a duplicate entry for the device IP: one entry with the correct name, one entry with the old name. I deleted the old record and rebooted but the old client name is still advertised in citrix (the duplicate record in hosts has not returned).

Where else besides /etc/hosts can I look?

Thank you!

Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: xenapp reports same client name for all clients, T610 thinpro

I was able to "fix" it by starting wfica with the "-clientname $(hostname)" option. Now xenapp reports the right client name.

regards,

Brecht.

Highlighted
Intern
Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: xenapp reports same client name for all clients, T610 thinpro

Hi,

I fix that by pushing a job. 

note that we set the asset tag in the bios, and I have a job that sets the hostname using the bios asset tag field. 

To do the wfclient.ini change as part of my device config sequence, I send a job with this command.

sed -i.bak "s/ClientName=.*/ClientName=$(hostname)/" /writable/home/user/.ICAClient/wfclient.ini

I guess either way will work.

Kind regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation