Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

My 8100 won't boot, I get no output to the monitor, and after about 12 seconds, the cpu and power supply fans speed up to maximum rpm.

I've reseated everything, and when I remove the ram, I get the 5 beeps as well as the fans speeding up to maximum rpm.

Any ideas on what is happening?

Regards,

Brenton.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC to Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro.

-HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand that the system is not POSTing. Please try removing the CMOS battery and all the RAMs in the unit. Power on the unit. If it beeps 5 times, Put one stick of RAM in the unit. You can try a known good RAM on it if you can get hold of one. If the unit still does not POST and the fan revs up high, I am afraid the system board will have to be replaced.

Thanks,

Robin

HP Recommended

The same situation. Spontaneous reboots were previously observed first once a half-year, then once a month, a week, a day... 🙂 RAM was tested (by the Memtest 86) and showed a lot of errors followed by the system hang up. Replacing the RAM gives no result. It was also observed, that sometime system boots in Windows, but hangs up upon any activity started.

HDD was checked - OK. Now it works fine in a different PC. Among the suspects are motherboard and PSU (power supply unit). OS (Windows 7) required re-activation, however. Compaq was a part of Agilent 7890/5975C GC-MS System.

Dear HP Support, how can MoBo be tested for operability? 

Is such MoBo available as a spare part? (HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF, LGA 775, Q45) 8000E8S Euro.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.