Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z840 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After run many times full diagnostics of every components with all components with PASSED results , I still have Consistent POST Error - 517 Memory configuration requires a Memory fan and this fan is not detected Message before the system boot up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HERE IS A DOCUMENT on that error message.  Look over that and check the RESOLUTION area.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HERE IS A DOCUMENT on that error message.  Look over that and check the RESOLUTION area.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

That link doesnt seem to work anymore. Can you please re-link the document? I am getting the same issue and my fan seems to be running fine.

HP Recommended

I found the document again

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04577562

See if that helps

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

if you look at the hp listed operating temp range for this workstation you will see it covers a wide range and if used in the upper temp range for extended time with all memory slots filled it's possible to have the system/memory exceed the range HP has listed if you do not add the missing fan

if the correct fan can not be found or for a reasonable price you should use a quality fan that matches the HP fan specs which is a high pressure fan rather than a high volume fan

here's what the HP kit looks like

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Memory-Cooling-Kit-J2R52AA/dp/B00PHVVZOM

you need to place the fan so it can cool the area's where the shroud has fans placed make your own fan brackets out of plastic (not metal!!)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.