Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to configure my Master Repository settings.  The FTP protocol settings test out fine.  However the Shared Folder Protocol settings error out.

I am using an online FTP site, so nothing is being saved locally.  I've tried my credentials to the FTP site (Admin credentials), I've tried domain admin credentials just in case, and I've had no luck.  I'm not sure where to go from here.

Test on repository Master Repository with protocol FTP was successful.
Failed to connect repository Master Repository with protocol Shared Folder.

That is the message I'm getting when I test the settings.  I also tried to do something that would carry a load and error out, so I could see where it was erroring.

Failed to find the SMB Repository.

That's the error message I'm getting when running the task on a WES7 HP T510 thin client.

I am a novice with the HPDM, and would appreciate any help.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Check the user is: domain\username and that username has full control to the Shared Folder

The format of the Path is: \\ip_address\sharename

HP Recommended

The team has provided a lot of white papers to help customer using HPDM, I think "repository management" is the paper you're looking for:

ftp://ftp.hp.com//pub/hpdm/Documentation/WhitePapers/4.6/WP_HPDM4.6_Repository_Management.pdf

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

This article had the fix for me - thanks for posting.

My problem ended up being related to the SMB share. I had the share and permissions set up correctly, but had to go into Tools > repository Management > Shared Folder Settings, and add a user name/password and specify the URL where the share was located.

HP Recommended

I am having this issue but the other way around!

Failed to connect repository Master Respository with protocol FTP

Test on repository Master Repository with protocol Shaerd Folder was successful.

ANY IDEAS?? PLS

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.