Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Device Manager 4.7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using HPDM 4.7 SP6 and trying to capture an image of a T630 running Windows 10.

The capture image task is successfully sent and the thin client reboots and starts to capture the image.  I see a folder created on the FTP server and a 1KB ibr file.  But this file never grows and the thin client just reboots itself at 50% complete.

Task log file:

2017-04-05 17:29:37 Successfully sent task to the Device Management Gateway
2017-04-05 17:29:40 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.
2017-04-05 17:31:09 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.
2017-04-05 17:53:11 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.
2017-04-05 17:53:28 [Error code: 1083392] [Module: Agent] [Category: Other HPDM workflow error]
2017-04-05 17:53:28 [Error Details]: Capture image to the Master Repository.
Failed to upload ttestte.ibr to /Repository/Images/atetea.
Failed to execute CaptureImage task.
ErrorCode: 1083392, Error Info: ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Do image task failed.
..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: The handle is invalid.
..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Do image task failed.
..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: The handle is invalid.
2017-04-05 17:53:28 Failed to execute common task.
2017-04-05 17:53:28 ErrorCode: 1083392

I've tested FTP from a console and can put files to the folder OK.  I've checked the repository wizard and ran a test and that is all successful. 

The FTP server is just IIS based and on the same box as the HPDM server.  Firewall is disabled.

The agent running on the thin client is version 4.7.3669.26470.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It appears I have solved it and have managed to get an image successfully.  Not 100% sure on what fixed the problem. I think it was something to do with it not having the HPDM gateway address whilst it was in WinPE mode but will investigate it more tomorrow. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.