Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (65 Views)

HP Device manager - task is kicked by task

Product Name: T510
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

We currently have a lot of thin clients that are domain joined.

So i am building a sequence that  removes them from the domain, updates the Citrix receiver and making different file and registry changes.

I have tested that it works when I execute the single tasks one at a time, but when gathering them in a sequence it fails.

Here is the error

ErrorCode: 14004062, Error Detail: Canceled by user., Error Info:  Task 00000250022222222 is kicked by Task 00000250022222222.

So the task is kicked by it self? This specific task is just making registry changes. I tried setting a pause in the beginning of the task, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)

Re: HP Device manager - task is kicked by task

Are you using a WOL Task in that Template Sequence?

If yes it might kick out itself when the HPDM Console Settings has WOL enabled too (I attached a screenshot).

If not also there could be an active Rule creating this issue?

If that's not it I would suggest to open a case to verify this issue at www.hp.com/support

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (40 Views)

Re: HP Device manager - task is kicked by task

Hi,

I don't have a WOL task in the sequence. 

But the task "_Update agent" is part of the sequence - do you know if there is a WOL task in that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation