Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

have an elitedesk 800 G4 SFF in the office. While using a hand air blower to blow out the dust, I realised the access panel is not secure and it slide open towards the rear of the PC. When I wanted to close it, it will not close. Upon further inspection, none of the tabs on the access panel are bent and where the tabs would align are not damaged neither does it have anything stuck there. But it would still not close. HP support did not mention the cause of this issue so it would be helpful if you can provide some feedback on how to get around this issue.

Even though I followed the procedures in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3HlGTeKnXo&t=51s) on how to replace the access panel, it still does not close securely. The attached screenshot shows what it is like now. The access panel is aligned but it will not move and close securely when I slide it forwards.

I have two other elitedesk 800 G4 SFF in the office and I am able to remove and reinstall the access panel without any issues. Only one unit leaves a gap between towards the front of the access panel and the front bezel. Pushing it harder does not help it close 

elitedesk G4 SFF GAP .jpg
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.