Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Workstation xw4600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I hit pc power button the red light on the button goes on. A warning alarm sounds for about one minute. The monitor screes stays black but the monitor button green light is on.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

i have a xw4600 system sitting next to me so i am familiar on this workstation model it's a older system based on the intel x38 chipset

the xw4600 will generate a beep code of short beeps we need this beep code in order to help

HP Recommended

I asked for help yesterday and got one response requesting the beep code. When I push the On/off button the red icon on the on/off button lights immediately and there are six short beeps in a row. After about two seconds the six short beeps occur again. This sequence continues as long as the power button is left on. If I hit the power button the system turns off. While power is on the fan is louder on the inside of the pc box. For the first minute after each attempted boot there is an audible loud beep along with the icon light flashing with each beep. The audible sound leaves after the first minute. Any help regarding this locking up during POST? Thanks

HP Recommended

Please refer to my additional post. Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

you appear to either have a video card or system board failure, try reseating the video card or replacing the card. if no change replace the board

the xw4400/4600 systems share the same beep codes

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03599683

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.