Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I was hoping to get smooth 4K video editing without going to use proxies, but even with only 1-2 tracks can not get it.

Did PassMark test with these results:
https://youtu.be/fAdMF76vcf0?t=10m

HP Z620 Workstation
-2x Intel Xeon E5-2670
-AMD Radeon RX-480 8GB
-32G DDR3 1333 MHz
-Intenso III 250 GB ssd

I saw with the same GPU much better 2D results (i7-7700), so what is the bottleneck here?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi eSpecialTV,

One of the main factors that will dictate your 2D graphics score is your CPU base frequency. If you look at my passmark scores below you can clearly see this effect;

Passmark9.0 11-04-2017.JPG

NOTE: All tests included the same DDR3 PC3-14900R (1866MHz) Ram, Samsung SM951 256GB UEFI boot, Quadro K4200, Tesla M2090, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD, 4TB & 2TB HDD. Windows 7 Professional.

CPU base frequencies:- E5-2670 = 2.6GHz, E5-2690 = 2.9GHz, E5-2667 V2 = 3.3GHz

Editing 4K video is an extremely demanding task for any computer and I strongly recommend you check the minimum system requirements stated for your chosen 4K video editing software. e.g. AVID for example is coded in FP32 only therefore a graphics card optimized for FP32 should be used. Edius Pro and PremierPro have different system requirements.

You may want to look at this also;

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/workstation-adobe-4k-guide.pdf

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
HP Recommended

Thanks Brian.

Intresting data you got there. 2x 2690 gives worse 2D results than 1x. Xeon v2 cpu benchmarks are less than those of similar v1 ones but overall performance is better.

My editors Vegas Pro and Davinci Resolve are both quite bad to playback 4k smoothly, they say.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.