Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
elitedesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone help please? I have done a stupid thing and do not know how to fix it.

I was trying to install an android system on my desktop so I could use it as well as my windows.

I was following some instruction on a website. i downloaded an android iso, then Unetbootin and then Gparted.

After booting up from my usb running Gparted I was supposed to crete a new partition for the android system on my hard disc. Unfortunately it would not create a new one as it said I could not have more than 4 partitions? I did have an empty redundant partition on the hard drive so I thought I would delete it so I could create the new one.

When I then shut down and rebooted my pc would not boot up. I  just get an error message?

I thought never mind I can repair it with a repair disc but even a new install will not work. It seems that the hard drive can not be found. message says media driver is missing? I am sure all the files are still there as the partition I deleted was empty and the system patition was not touched but somehow I have managed to disable the hard drive.

I have tried both the original win 7 disc and a win 10 iso on a usb. Both start to install untill they need a harddrive to load onto.

I have an Elitedesk 800 G1 running an i7 chip.

Any fixes I can try before it goes to the repair man?

Update. I think what has happened is that I have corrupted the EUFI file which appantly has replaced the old bios .

I will try some fixes on the web and let you know.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

The issue looks like the BIOS chip is corrupted, however before you take the unit to Repair center you may try the steps below.

1. Shut down turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord from the power outlet.
2. With the power cord disconnected, press and hold the power button for about 30 Seconds to drain the any residual power.
3. Remove the access panel.
4. Locate the header and jumper
5. Remove the jumper from pins 1 and 2.
6. Place the jumper on either pin 1 or 2, but not both, so that it does not get lost.
7. Replace the access panel and reconnect the external equipment.
8. Plug in the computer and turn it on. This clears the current passwords and settings.
9. Shut down the computer, unplug the power, and disconnect the external equipment
10. Remove the access panel.
11. Place the jumper on pins 1 and 2.
12. Replace the access panel.
13. Reconnect the external equipment and plug in the computer.

You may refer pages 249 to clear the password/ settings using jumpers referring document link below:

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04331008-1.pdf

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

- Though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying but still no joy. Decided to format disc and re install which seems to be the only answer. Ho him that' all teach me! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.