Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
t5740e
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Previously using HPDM 4.6 with t5740e and T5740 Thin Clients.  Decided to upgrade HPDM to 4.7 SP4, installed HPDM 4.7 and then installed SP4, did not install SP1, SP2, SP3 thinking SP4 would be inclusive.  After trying to shadow, and a few other Task Templates, the Thin Clients that we tried using the _Update Agent on devices, the task completed but the Thin Client is no longer rescognized by the HPDM 4.7, it is listed but shows "OFF" when it is on the network.

After checking the folders for the Agents, under 4.6 and 4.7, the 4.7 does not have the WES7E_32 Bit version only the WES7E_64 bit version.  Checking SP2 for HPDM 4.7 shows the 32 bit Agent.  Should we have installed each SP1 through SP4 to get all of the Agents in both versions installed?

If that is the solution, can we just install those SPs or should we un-install HPDM 4.7 SP4, then install each successive SP to build up the folders with all of the Agents to SP4?

We are also now receiving a message when trying to re-image a Thin Client using the Import Images using a FLASH.IBR file with Agnet Version 4.5.3660.19746, the message appears after it has almost finished the imaging

Title Bar:  HPDMAgent.exe - Ordinal Not Found

Body: The Ordinal 4445 could not be located in the dynamic Link Library LIBEAY32.dll.

Thank you for your help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Just FYI, all the windows 32bit agent are located in HPXPe Folder.

Your understand of Service Pack is correct, the new service pack will include all the changes of above service packs.

Regarding the DISAPPEARED AGENT issue, R & D is now in investigating.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

On the failed unit,

can you please try SC command to recreate the service. If you see any DLL error from library like libeay32.dll.

Please post the error message here.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Experienced a similar issue on a T620 today.

If you try to upgrade the agent via HPDM, the task will show successful, but agent will go offline and if you check on the device itself, it will still have the older version.

Only workaround I have at the moment, is to copy the 2 update files and execute the agent upgrade manually.

EDIT: the same error message is shown during the upgrade, but the upgrade will still be OK after you close the error message.

HP Recommended

Has any progress been made on this at all? I have updated a few TC's in the field but its incredibly hit and miss ... i can no longer shadow the thin clients to try and get in to fix?

HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Devicemanager-4-7-S...

A similar topic in a different post - see if it could solve your problem

I am an HPI Employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.