Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPDM, T520
Other

hi,

i cannot pull images from my t520 thinclients using hpdm 4.7, sp6 anymore.

error number is 34603008, aborting ftp connection, exit code 8.

in the past i was able to capture and deploy images without a hassle.

hpdm 4.7 sp6

agent vers 4.7.3671.26470

windows server 2012r2

iis ftp on the same machine

thinclient t520 runing thinpro t7x61007

repository test for ftp, smb successfull

manual ftp control successful

firewall off

tried reinstalling hpdm without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Congratulations. If only remove language and connection components, it will not affect HPDM function.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

i figured out why capturing and deploying images per hpdm fails - it's the component manager.

capturing and deploying an image works fine until you remove components by using component manager.

we removed everything we don't need for our RDS farm (f.e. chinese language, citrix, and so on ...) leaving us with the following packages: firefox, thinstate, vnc, rdp, hpdm, smbclient, misc-connections.

with that configuration capturing an image per hpdm crashes while parsing the .ini file.

leaving the provided packages intact does not provide an error, imaging works fine.

looking forward to input in this matter: obviously we want our thinpro packages as small as possible ...

HP Recommended

Congratulations. If only remove language and connection components, it will not affect HPDM function.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended
HPDM 4.7, By default when HPDM is installing it installs at the C:\inetpub\FTProot and then HPDM folder. This HPDM folder will be shared and the FTProot will be given the security access with the particular username that was given while setting up FTP. Please check the Repository Settings and permissions for Shared Folder . Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you both for your input.

@Jeffxu i can confirm that removing language and connection components (citrix in my case) does not prodce an error.

@RajDebashish as you can see in my original posting this bug appears despite correctly configured repositories and shares.

i would appreciate a fix for this bug (maybe in sp8?).

thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.