Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z240
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, have problems with starting up & rebooting my hp z240's that have backlit keyborads connected. But its not regular, sometimes it work, sometimes not.

Anyone have an idea of how to solve this? We have payed a lot for this keyboards (€130 each x 40 pcs, needed for our work with Avid, editing software)

Is there any bios setting that I should try wiht? 

(The keyboard: http://logickeyboard.com/shop/avid-media-composer-astra-backlit-pc-keyboard-3417p.html )

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

did you connect the keyboard to USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports ?

USB 3.0 is able to provide more power, in case current could be a reason.

I have no other ideas

bye

HP Recommended

yes, have tried all ports.....

HP Recommended

MKillen,

That is an unusual situation. 

1.  To confirm: if you use another keyboard, the z240's do not have a booting problem?

2.  How does the logickeyboard  appear in Device Manager > Properties ?

Checking, I see that the logickeyboard  is USB 2.0 and I recommend that the keyboard cable be connected at the No.1 USB 2.0 on the back panel, that is, the port that is on the top row of the USB 2.0 ports, nearest the motherboard.  The mouse, wired or the wireless receiver for the mouse should be in the No. 2 position and the logickeyboard power connection No.3.

Try that arrangement and if the problem re-occurs, and the system is using a wireless mouse, try a wired mouse.

I used a multi-media Dell multimedia keyboard for years (SK-8135) with a Precision T5400 and then T5500 but when I used it with my first HP z-series (z620 / 2X Xeon E5-2690), I had to load a driver to activate the multimedia functions as the HP OEM Windows 7 did not support the Dell K/B. The reason I mention this is that although the logickeyboard sales literature says that no driver is necessary, the problem does suggest a driver conflict.  The number and range of  function keystroke controls are so considerable it seems that many complex commands would require a driver. 

Consider the careful application of a driver cleaner.

If the firm has purchased forty of these keyboards, it seems the supplier and manufacturer should be very interested in this situation.

Let us know what happens.

BambiBoomZ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.