Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We recently purchased an HP Z440 with a Xeon E5-1650v3 processor for use in out engineering dept. Yesterday we were able to overclock it to 4.2 ghz using the Extreme Tuning Utility. When the user started up this morning, the controls were back to default and some settings are now greyed out.

Does anyone know who the OEM for this board is, I want to find an unlocked BIOS and overclock from there.

This is info from the motherebaard UPC Sticker:

PFDDC0BCY8Z8PU AS#710324-002 Rev 0B  SP#761514-001 No DPK SP#761514-601 W8 PRO  bAR CODE SHOT: https://goo.gl/photos/1i5A1f3Q2ooGPGYp8  This is info from the HP system utilities (Ctrl+shift+s): Model #: HP Z440 WorkstationProduct #: F1M44UT#ABCSerial #: [Personal Information Removed]Software Build #: 14WWZDFW602#SABC#DABCPCBRAND #: HP

Model #: HP Z440 WorkstationProduct #: F1M44UT#ABCSerial #: [Personal Information Removed]Software Build #: 14WWZDFW602#SABC#DABCMotherboard: 212BPCBRAND: HP  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The HP Z440 uses a motherboard designed by HP specifically for the Z440.  It is not a third-party board that is sold elsewhere. 

The Z440 BIOS was developed by HP specifically for this system.  HP does not support overclocking, since it could potentially reduce the system's design life goals. 

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you problem was solved. This helps other forum readers.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have recently purchased the HP z840 with the original default BIOS so I had done anything to if from when I purchased it.  I currentl

HP Recommended

@Moron666 wrote:

We recently purchased an HP Z440 with a Xeon E5-1650v3 processor for use in out engineering dept. Yesterday we were able to overclock it to 4.2 ghz using the Extreme Tuning Utility. When the user started up this morning, the controls were back to default and some settings are now greyed out.

Does anyone know who the OEM for this board is, I want to find an unlocked BIOS and overclock from there.

This is info from the motherebaard UPC Sticker:

PFDDC0BCY8Z8PU AS#710324-002 Rev 0B  SP#761514-001 No DPK SP#761514-601 W8 PRO  bAR CODE SHOT: https://goo.gl/photos/1i5A1f3Q2ooGPGYp8  This is info from the HP system utilities (Ctrl+shift+s): Model #: HP Z440 WorkstationProduct #: F1M44UT#ABCSerial #: [Personal Information Removed]Software Build #: 14WWZDFW602#SABC#DABCPCBRAND #: HP

Model #: HP Z440 WorkstationProduct #: F1M44UT#ABCSerial #: [Personal Information Removed]Software Build #: 14WWZDFW602#SABC#DABCMotherboard: 212BPCBRAND: HP  

It is interesting that you managed to overclock your HP Z440 using Intel XTU. I have tried installing this on a Z420 with a Xeon E5-1650 v1 (itself an unlocked CPU) however all the tuning options are grayed out.

SInce you managed to get it working - albeit briefly - maybe its worth trying older versions of XTU or using the version which you previously installed, but turning off any automatic updating of the utility (if that is possible).

I have read reports that sometimes using older versions unlocks manual tuning options on certain mother board / CPU combinations, which are then 'blacklisted' in subsequent updates.

AFAIR Intel does not host the older versions of XTU, they are however available on various overclocking / bios modding sites.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.