Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP COMPAQ 6005 PRO MICROTOWER

I have motherboard HP COMPAQ 6005

I've digged into and found PB/LED "P5" but need pinout explanation please the photo where circled https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-6005-pro-microtower-pc/4024563/document/c01869904/

c01869917.jpg

oo

oo

xo

oo

oo

x is the key

pls show me where power sw/reset sw go and how to orient (text on plug facing which way) thank you for attention and if you can help me out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Right now I don 't recommend a screwdriver to short out P5 pins because most subjective do not think toying swich is entry level subject information. I recommend powering off computer and inserting POWER SW RESET SW    LED etc is expert advice to insert and see result? What do you think David? I believe best outcome is looking for documentation from HP and this is a good route?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Take a look at this thread and see if ti helps.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MS-7860-Motherboard-PB-LED-P5-h...

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

RE:

(1)HDD LED+      (3)HDD LED-       (5)Pwr switch  (7)Pwr switch  (9) n/c   

(2) Power LED+ (4) Power LED-  (6) blank            (8) jump          (10) jump

Hi David I did see that one but on this board the #9 says that there is a hole with no wire but on mine there is a wire but it does look close though!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I believ that he means that there is no wire going from there anywhere. Anyway if you have your system up and running try shorting the 5+7 with a screwdriver to see if the pc turns on. It does not matter which way the two power wires are attached as they form a switch. The leds have to be placed the right way to work. Even this you can do by trial and error without creating any damage (they will not turn on). 

You could even try all of them, in pairs to see which ones will turn on the PC.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks David this is good info I am working on some tests but this looks okay

Have a nice day

HP Recommended

David or anyone do you know if HP can pull out the big guns and research the P5 pinout on this? I am asking to show the documentation because it does not show the detail. I posted the documentation and it does not show the pinout configuration only that there is a PB/LED on the 6005.

Thanks everyone or anyone. 🙂

HP Recommended

Right now I don 't recommend a screwdriver to short out P5 pins because most subjective do not think toying swich is entry level subject information. I recommend powering off computer and inserting POWER SW RESET SW    LED etc is expert advice to insert and see result? What do you think David? I believe best outcome is looking for documentation from HP and this is a good route?

HP Recommended

Bump

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.