Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z6 G5 A Workstation Desktop PC IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

With anticipation,
I turned on the workstation that arrived today for the first time. As soon as I powered it on,
I attempted to enter the BIOS settings. However, from the BIOS settings,
the fan gradually increased RPM, accompanied by a tremendous noise.
The same occurred even after booting into Windows. Upon checking with HP Performance Advisor,
I found that some fans were operating at high RPM. How can I resolve this?

test.png

System Fan - Rear
System Fan - Front Lower
Auxiliary Fan Front Upper

Auxiliary Fan Rear Upper

It seems like the above four fans are causing trouble

I also found a solution, but it seemed to be a temporary fix.

When I completely disconnected the power cord and then powered on the computer again,

the fans operated normally. However, upon subsequent restarts or updates without disconnecting the power cord,

the fan RPM would rise to the maximum again.

I'm curious whether this is due to an initial defect in the motherboard or if it could be resolved through a firmware update

I'm not good at English, I'm sorry. I hope you can help me solve my problem.

I installed the 4090 blower type. Could this also have an impact?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

the 4090 card draws 450 watts on average (and more when at peak gpu usage)

even though you may have a blower type cooler it still is not a certified HP card power draw wise

i'm fairly sure installing a video card that draws near or below what the top model HP approved card draws your fan issue will resolve itself

the fastest highest wattage card HP offers is the NVIDIA® RTX 6000 Ada 48gb card which draws 300 watts max which is quite a bit lower than the 4090's 450 watt draw

i also suspect that the stock power supply will fail as HP quickspecs specify the upgraded 125W or 1450W PSUs when using high wattage video cards

also Single, dual, or triple graphics configurations require the HP Z6 Fan and Front Card Guide.

If configured video is not a factory installed option ,  a separate purchase of the HP Z6 Fan and Front Card Guide 56Q80AA is required.
factory configured, the fan and front card guide is included.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.