Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z240 Tower Workstation

So i bought a second hand HP Z240 workstation pc from eBay, it has an i7 7700K and 16gb of RAM. The pc is running windows 11 and is getting updates, but my TPM module is 1.2 and it displays in settings that my TPM module is 1.2. I thought you needed a TPM 2.0 module to update to windows 11, is there any way to update the TPM module? If it is required to buy a new TPM 2.0 module install it into the motherboard, take the old one out yada yada, I will gladly do that if its the only option. If anyone knows, please let me know. I just want to play valorant 😭😭😭

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No. It is not your only option. In fact it is a waste of time, as was my needing to look up what valorant meant. Looks fun though.

Spend some time reading in this forum about Paul Tikkanen's method of updating to Windows 11 on not-officially-eligible computers/workstations using Rufus. Paul is an experienced very helpful long term forum member. His method is as good as it gets. And it does not need the hardware to have TPM 2.0, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No. It is not your only option. In fact it is a waste of time, as was my needing to look up what valorant meant. Looks fun though.

Spend some time reading in this forum about Paul Tikkanen's method of updating to Windows 11 on not-officially-eligible computers/workstations using Rufus. Paul is an experienced very helpful long term forum member. His method is as good as it gets. And it does not need the hardware to have TPM 2.0, etc.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know. I did find out how to eventually update it as the tpm 2.0 update is hidden in the tpm update files on dells website. So now I’m running tpm 2.0. 

HP Recommended

said TPM update files are also posted on the HP site, perhaps you were to quick to completely search their site

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05381064

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.