Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp 420 thin client
Other

We are testing a 420 thin client and all seems to work fine except when logged into an RDP session to our 2012R2 server farm, usb storage drives/keys are not recognised. 

Everything seems to be set ok on the thin client in Local resources and the usb key is recognised when doing a usb diagnose. 

Other usb devices are fine , wireless keyboards and mice dongles , etc

Any thoughts on how to get them recognised in windows explorer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So no one here knows anything about HP thin client setups :smileyindifferent:

Spoiler

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

So no one here knows anything about HP thin client setups :smileyindifferent:

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Any one from HP support want to have a crack at this one. It stands between us purchasing another 50 of these thin clients or not. Apart from them not loading/mounting the usb storage devices everythng else about them is great

HP Recommended

Haha, I marked this as the solution and got a troubleshooters badge 

Spoiler
:cattongue:
HP Recommended

This is a HP user's forum, not a direct access to the HP business support infrastructure.  That is, this is where HP customers intend to help other HP customers.

Not a place for individuals to play tricks on others seeking help.

So, my advice is to directly contact HP Support for an answer on your business question.

HP Recommended

The issue could have many reasons but as you want to buy more units I highly suggest to go to the HP Support directly: www.hp.com/support

Did you change the Protocol in the USB Manager?

Did you check in the USB-Manager if the USB device(s) were specifically enabled for the RDP Session?

There is also a specific setting in the ThinPro USB Manager for USB Mass Storage devices.

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply

The usb key is recognised in USB manager and set to redirect to RDP but it still does not show up once logged into our 2012R2 farm

HP Recommended

Good news. I ran Easy Update on the client and it found some updates for freerdp so after applying them and getting freerdp to 1.1.1-HP10.40, usb thumb drives were redirecting perfectly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.