Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G6 Microtower PC (9CF30AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Good day,

We are having Problems with two of our HP ProDesk 600 G6 Microtower PCs.
While working with them locally, there is no problem, but after connecting to the PC over VPN /RDP, the user mode driver crashes and the screens stays black, until the RDP connection gets disconnected.
The behavior is the same on both devices and the error event and Event ID are the same as well.

Event ID 10110:

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

Event ID 10111:

The device Microsoft Remote Display Adapter (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

The installed driver ist the one from the:

Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2127

The behaviour has been ongoing for some time now, driver updates didn´t change anything, but another device recently got the same errors and we investigated further.

We did update the driver recently, but it seems to make the problem even worse.

Is there any suggestions on how to fix this issue ?

Greetings.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is a problem with RDP and rendering using a GPU.  I have a dozen systems running NVidia's CUDA and AMD OpenCL and cannot access any of them with RDP.  l use splashtop and VNC for remote access.  I pay $15 a year for splashtop''s remote access as a few systems are not on the same subnet.  The VNC needs to be on the same subnet. There is a limit of 5 free licenses for personal use.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cannot+use+remote+desktop++with+gpu

I  think there is group policy that can help but basically it is a security problem.  If you find a fix let me know.  I have had this problem since windows 10 came out and Splashtop was a savior.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that is not an option, as we experience more and more devices with this problem.
We tried with different drivers, HP and Intel ones and the problem keeps happening to 5-6 of our users.
Also the "solutions" from different sources on the net are not very helpful.

Greetings

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.