Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-fd0000 (70R02AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

im trying charge my laptop but the battery is decreasing despite being plugged in, but it will increase when it is turn off. Also the led is blinking orange and there is a buzzing sound coming from the battery i think? im not entirely sure how to describe that sound but it only comes when the laptop is plugged in, pls help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sake_31-,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your laptop's battery and charging. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

• Check the Power Adapter and Cable: Ensure that the power adapter is securely plugged into both the laptop and the power outlet. Also, check the cable for any signs of damage or fraying.
  • Restart Your Laptop: Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor issues. Shut down your laptop, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again.
  • Reset the Battery: Some laptops have a reset button on the bottom or side of the device. Pressing this button can sometimes resolve charging issues.
  • Update Drivers and BIOS: Make sure your laptop's drivers and BIOS are up to date. You can usually do this through the HP website or using the HP software.
  • Check Power Settings: Your laptop may have power management settings that could be affecting charging behavior. Make sure these settings are configured correctly.
  • Run Battery Diagnostics: Some laptops have built-in battery diagnostics tools that can help identify and fix battery issues. Check your laptop's user manual or the HP website for instructions on how to run these diagnostics.

The blinking orange LED and buzzing sound are concerning and could indicate a more serious issue with the battery or charging system.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.