Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

onesmo1_0-1712205757407.jpeg

onesmo1_1-1712205780296.jpeg

what are the causes of this message in my laptop and how to fix it and what the effect i do not fix it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Error sending End of Post message to ME: HECI disabled, proceeding with boot" indicates that

the BIOS firmware may need to be downgraded or rolled back to an older version, or it may be corrupted

you can try reloading the most current bios that hp posts on their website for your model system

if you installed windows 10/11 on a non supported system that officially ran win 7/8 do not use the HP windows based bios updater that runs under windows to flash the bios just let it run extracting the bios files then cancel the actual update and then enter the extracted bios folder and use the included HP USB key method to flash under DOS

systems that shipped with win 10/11 can use the included windows based updater or the usb key dos method

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.