Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
dc7900
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i notice there is mSATA slot underneath HDD.

i have 32GB mSATA SSD and can it be installed and support for this model..?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That is a business PC that was produced back in the days of Windows XP.

It will not have BIOS support for an M.2 SSD.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
This is dc7900 and not dc7800 (earlier model for winXP) this come preload with windows 7 and have win7 sticker on it. By the way it is mSata port and not m.2
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Sorry about that.

The interfaces for mass storage available are three SATA interfaces and one eSATA port available.  There is no mSATA port on the motherboard.

Hardware reference for your PC.

/http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01549447.pdf

Storage upgarde possibilities according to Crucial Memory

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/dc7900-small-form-factor

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
  1. See attached for mSATA slot underneath the HDD bay.. Sorry take long time to respond as no time to open the casing 🙂IMG_20170110_152856.jpg

IMG_20170110_152921.jpg

HP Recommended

It sure looks like an mSATA port.

There is not a single mention of it in the manual. It may be disabled.

You can try it, but if there is no BIOS support it will not work or be recognized by the BIOS nor the OS. 

I would just use an SATA SSD.

There is no real advantage to spending money on an mSATA SSD since there is a real risk of it not even working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.