Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Maybe this is a comun task but, i have a question. Isnt possible to use greek letter on solve?

i tried to input greek letters but i cant do it, the solve answear that isnt a good argument!

Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, you can.

However, remember that on Prime it currently wants the variables to exist *before* they are used for the first time. There are two ways to create these that will be most useful to you.

1. Store a value into the variable in the home screen. For example, enter AΔ:=0 in the home screen and press ENTER. It will then ask "do you want to create a variable called AΔ". Press OK. You can now use AΔ in the solver as a variable. If you press VARS, you will see it under the "User" menu key.

2. If you want the variable to stay around permanently, then you can add it to the application and turn it into a user defined variable. To do this, go the the solve application (or the saved copy of it) and go to the Programs screen (shift-1). Select the very first item in the list maked with an (App) label. You can now add in "EXPORT AΔ;" to the top line. This now will create a user variable called AΔ that is part of the application. It will show in the VARS button, under APP-><AppName>->Program.

Now you can use AΔ in your formula.

Remember that A-Z and theta are "pre-defined" and always there. That is why those work without any additional steps.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi!, Jucimar_C:

You can use all greek letters for Solve equation, except PI, what is a constant.

Please, see the important help, of Joseph (Joe) Horn, from ... http://holyjoe.net/hp/PrimeVars.htm

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended
Maké i am trying To insert, but i am not geting succes.

Could you give me a step by step how To do this process on solve app with a generic calculum?
HP Recommended

Hi!, Jucimar_C:

HP PRIME_0.JPG  press Start button ...

HP PRIME_EQ.JPG

HP PRIME_PI.JPG  find character 3c0 or, 960 ... (you can write too, PI).

For the character theta, you must press cyan Shift and 9.

HP PRIME_Theta.JPG

Press Plot key ...

HP PRIME_Plot.JPG

Reference: HP PRIME Graphing Calculator User Guide - An Introduction to HP Apps 79 - page 83, Variables, Chapter 22, from page 427 to 444 and Getting started, page 42.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Yes, you can.

However, remember that on Prime it currently wants the variables to exist *before* they are used for the first time. There are two ways to create these that will be most useful to you.

1. Store a value into the variable in the home screen. For example, enter AΔ:=0 in the home screen and press ENTER. It will then ask "do you want to create a variable called AΔ". Press OK. You can now use AΔ in the solver as a variable. If you press VARS, you will see it under the "User" menu key.

2. If you want the variable to stay around permanently, then you can add it to the application and turn it into a user defined variable. To do this, go the the solve application (or the saved copy of it) and go to the Programs screen (shift-1). Select the very first item in the list maked with an (App) label. You can now add in "EXPORT AΔ;" to the top line. This now will create a user variable called AΔ that is part of the application. It will show in the VARS button, under APP-><AppName>->Program.

Now you can use AΔ in your formula.

Remember that A-Z and theta are "pre-defined" and always there. That is why those work without any additional steps.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended
Thank you very much! =]
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.