Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ab125no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Often during the day my pavilion hangs. That is the browser, Firefox or Edge stops responding.

No other applications can be activated.

Task Manager cannot terminate browser.

Upon restart of PC an error message is displayed. i.e.:

Firefox.exe - Application error

The instruction at 0x000000002C7F6580 referenced memory at

0x0000000002C7F6580. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

This message is hidden behind the browser and only becomes visible when as the PC shuts down.

I have the latest Firefox v. 50.1.0 and I have run all the Firefox suggested recovery procedures.

I have removed and reinstalled Firefox to no avail.

An extended memory test with the PC built-in diagnostics has found no hardware memory errors.

This does not happen on an older HP laptop also running Windows 10 64 Bit and the latest Firefox.

Anyone got a sugestion for a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@onegr8dane

Thank you for the reply.

I appreciate you on doing all the troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue.

• Please back up all your data on your computer.
  • You will them while performing the system recovery.

Thanks for reaching out. Please let me know if this helps by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

And click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@onegr8dane

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having Firefox browser issue. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Was there any software/hardware changes made?
  • Since when you are experiencing this issue?

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20.

The Pavilion was purchased new in April 2016 and the problem started sometime during the summer. That is july-August 2016.

There must have been some updates to Windows, and or Firefox up to that point as we have set up for automatic updates.

I have performed all the suggestions from Firefox support. I have removed and reinstalled it, but no fix.

The memory error has made me suspect the Firefox application, but it remains the same through updates of Firefox.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards. 

Jon Weywadt

HP Recommended

@onegr8dane

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your effort in reinstalling Firefox.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20

What will be the state of my user files, documents, photos and such after a "system restore" or a "system recovery"?

I will of course do a backup first, but how much will I need to save?

Best regards.

Jon Weywadt

HP Recommended

@onegr8dane

Thank you for the reply.

I appreciate you on doing all the troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue.

• Please back up all your data on your computer.
  • You will them while performing the system recovery.

Thanks for reaching out. Please let me know if this helps by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

And click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20.

Well, I backed up all my user data and did a system recovery using an image I was told to save to a USB stick when I first activated the Pavilion. (I was told that a restore was not possible due to thee length of time since last update)

The process took ALL day. Then I installed Office, Firefox, Adobe, Norton, etc. So around midnight it wwas all done.

First impression is that the Firefox problem is gone. 😄  I will keep a sharp eye on the future behaviour.

Network use seems a good bit sloweer after all thiss, so I will try to monitor what is going on and disable all background reporting to HP, Symantec and others.

But so far the problem is solved. Thank you.

Best regards.

Jon Weywadt

HP Recommended

Hello Sandytechy20.

The Firefox problem was solved.

However since the PC was recovered all is working fine, except I keep getting a blue dialog 

saying the setup is complete and so I press the "Udfør" (execute). Pressing Udfør makes the blue dialog go away, but it keeps reappearing several times a day.

How do I make it go away permanently.

I verified that the PC is registered and can see the remaining warranty.

Best regards.

Jon Weywadt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.