Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
13t-4100cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my old HP dv4, I had OEM of Cyberlink media suite 10.  I just purchased  a Sepectre x360 and tried to install Cyberlink and it couldn't because it can only be install on an HP computer.  Why does it think my HP isn't a HP computer?  What can I do to install it on my new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the  education.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ccipuppies

Assuming the software can run on this computer:

The problem may be that you are trying to install / run a software version that is compliant for Windows 7 (and not for Windows 10).

CyberLink Windows® 10 Update Center

What are the system requirements for CyberLink Media Suite 10?

System Requirements for CyberLink Media Suite 10

Operating System

• Microsoft Windows 7, Vista and XP

Media Suite 14 - System Requirements

Operating System

• Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7

You might want to contact Cyberlink Support and ask whether the older program can be installed onto Windows 10.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response.  My DV4 is running Windows 10 and the software runs fine.  Of course, Cyberlink want me to upgrade to the newest version,   The confusing part is, when I try and install on the Spectre,  I get the error "This software can only be installed on a Hewlett Packard system."   Both are HP machines, and I'm not sure why it thinks the Spectre isn't one.

HP Recommended

@ccipuppies

Speculation:

If that software came from your original system's Driver support page, you cannot transfer it from the old computer to the new (different) system or download the software from the old Driver page to be installed on the new computer.

Even having "migrated" the dv4 to Windows 10 is not an indicator that the Windows 7 version would work on anything except that migrated OS.  Upgrade is not the same as "new install" of Windows 10 -- the dependent libraries and other file structure are different on a migrated system than the File System of a clean installation of Windows 10.

If the software was purchased from Cyberlink, then, yes -- likely they won't support the Windows 7 version of the software and want you to invest in the newer version.

Rats.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the  education.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.