Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x-360

Hi there! I'm new here and don't normally do this but I really don't know what else I can do.

I sent my HP Pavillion away to be repaired by HP on the 24th of December and I was assured that it would be repaired and returned by the 12th of January (tomorrow). I understood that the service centre would be closed at Christmas but I stressed to the lady that I am a university student and, with university being completely online this year, I needed it back by the 12th at the latest.

I decided yesterday (10th January) to check if it was on its way and the service centre said that the date had been changed to the 26th of January for it to be returned. I had not been informed of this and would not have known unless I checked. This change of date was apparently made on the 4th of January.

I understand that things can be delayed, however, I was not told of the change in date and if I had known I would have simply cancelled the order. It's completely unacceptable to change the date of return by two weeks and not inform the owner of the item.

I have no laptop and so cannot complete my university work - which requires computer programming software which will only run on a laptop - but still have deadlines to meet. Had my laptop been returned when I was assured it would be returned by there would be no problem.

I have spent my whole day trying to contact HP and have only now gotten through to them. I spoke with a lady on the phone and she said she would immediately email me which she did not, so I messaged on WhatsApp on which I was told I would receive a phone call in 2-4 business days in order to cancel my order. I also contacted them on Messenger when I was not receiving a reply on anything else and on that I was told that simply a part was being sent to me even though my laptop is with the repair centre.

I am just outraged at the service and am at a lost of what to do since it is simply impossible to get a real answer of who can help from HP support. I understand it is a busy time but if they had just been upfront and told me of the change there would be no issue as I would have simply cancelled my order and gotten it fixed myself. Now I am going to be late for my deadlines and be penalised for this at university for something that is not my fault.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.