Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z2100
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

The plotter in our office has begun leaking magenta ink when we do long print jobs (especially detailed ones with lots of color). For some reason it only influenses the blue color. I can tell that it's a leak because the spot under the ink cardrigdes will be splashed in magenta ink (and sometimes black ink too, though this doesnt seem to have any influence on the print). I have attached a picture to show where the leak would be. The leak is under the hood, behind the cardrigdes and accessible by hand if you move the printerhead holder. Cleaning the area with paper towels help i.e. no more pink, but only temporarily.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thank you

Plotter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, that will be the best to do

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm not clear if the leak is on the Service Station or the ISS

On both cases, if there is ink falling to the floor, replace those parts.

If the leak is during printing and the ink is falling on the paper as the Carriage moves, replace the printhead

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

I had same magenta ink leak, which right on the nozzle. inks all over the printer, due to moving of carriage box.

I super glue the nozzle & never worked. ink leak out of the nozzle had where the ink tube on the head.

At the end I replaced major parts & wanted to upgrade to Z3200. Due to HD problem, it never work yet.

HP Recommended

The leak is only visible on the service station. I haven't noticed ink anywhere else. Should i still replace it then?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, that will be the best to do

Best regards

Mike G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.