Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to update firmware on a z6200 designjet, from KHN_02_00_00.4 to KHN_03_07_07.1 due to a repeated 79.04 error and issues booting up. I've tried it twice, both via the web interface and using a USB flash drive in the plotter itself. Both avenues give me an error that it's not a valid firmware update, but I downloaded it directly from HP. I'm wondering if there's an intermediate firmware I need to install before I can go to the newest one, but I can't find any list of older firmware versions. There appear to be several other folks in the forums here with that question.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had a similar issue a while ago. Did you use 7-zip to compile the firmware file? Do not unzip to USB but HDD only then transfer to usb correctly formatted.

On the other hand I have seen techs download firmware that doesn't work as you described, so contact HP support and have them check the file and see if it is corrupted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.