Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830

A few weeks ago, I needed to print something out. I pressed print a couple of times because the printer wasn't responding (at max 5 times). Now, everytime I turn my laptop on in my house, the printer starts printing the document. Today when I was trying to print something else out (for the first time since a few weeks ago), it wouldn't come through/the printer wouldn't print. Does anyone know how to fix this / had a similar experience?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @emilygrace96,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be a print queue issue or a problem with the print spooler on your computer. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue.

Clear Print Queue:

• Open the print queue on your computer.
  • Cancel all print jobs in the queue.
  • Restart your computer and the printer.

Check Print Spooler:

• Open the Services on your computer. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + R, typing "services.msc," and hitting Enter.
  • Locate the "Print Spooler" service.
  • Right-click on "Print Spooler" and select "Restart."

Reinstall Printer Driver:

• Uninstall the current printer driver from your computer.
  • Visit the HP website, download the latest driver for your HP OfficeJet 3830, and install it.

Set Default Printer:

• Ensure that your HP OfficeJet 3830 is set as the default printer on your computer.
  • Go to "Settings" > "Devices" > "Printers & scanners" and make sure your HP printer is set as the default.

Update Printer Firmware:

• Check if there's a firmware update available for your HP OfficeJet 3830 on the HP support website. If available, follow the instructions to update the firmware.

Check for Malware:

• Run a malware scan on your computer to ensure there's no malicious software causing the issue.

Disconnect from the Network:

• Temporarily disconnect your printer from the network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and see if the issue persists.

Factory Reset the Printer:

• As a last resort, you may consider performing a factory reset on your HP OfficeJet 3830. This will reset all settings to default, and you'll need to set up the printer again.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.