Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon guys,

So I have a Designjet 500, yes it's old but honestly it is gold and works flawless with everything I need it to do. However this morning I was installing the Designjet 510 drivers and firmware update, drivers all fine, but when I was installing the firmware, it seemed as though it sent it all to the printer and then the screen on the printer showed this picture (attached).

Does anyone know what that pictures means? I've tried everywhere and cant find anyone that knows or has even seen that before?

Thanks a bunch.😊

20211030_130618.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@StuartCott 

Welcome to the HP Community.

My interpretation of the image:

Unplug the printer > wait a few seconds > plug in printer (to appropriate Wall outlet).

The user manual is presented in a clever format - he pick / choose / select method likely reflects the age of the documentation and the device. 

A quick check did not find the error / message / image though I might have missed something.

HP Designjet 500 Printer - User's Guide

The reference could certainly be included in a different Troubleshooting document.

Disclaimer

My interpretation aside, I have not used a device of this type in a lot of years.

Verify and check for other reasonable options before yanking the plug from the wall.

For example,

One concern I have:  There is no Firmware update listed for Windows 10.

The last viable Firmware Update was released in 2018 and includes up to Windows 8.1

HP DesignJet 500, 510, 800, 815 and 820 Printer Series Firmware Upgrade 

Version: A.05.01
Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition

Release date: Aug 7, 2018

==================================================================================

HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

HP DesignJet 500 Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.