Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

design jet 450c cartridge and data lights on after printer initiate start up. Also wont do self test..Like some advice how to correct problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I would say you have a faulty or badley connected printhead. Take all the printheads out and make sure all the contacts on the carriage are clean. Replace them one by one each time making sure the ready light flashes if it didn't flash that would mean that printhead is faulty try again take it out and put it back in if it still didn't flash then it will be faulty.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! I have done all that and more, the fact is I even bought new cartridges I went through step by steps to see if it could be cartridge error, no flashing lights comes on at all. I may have to change the circuit board comes with print head contacts will see what happens..

HP Recommended

I spoke too soon: I found the repair part I purchased was faulty,, thanks for China person on Ebay. So I'm back to square one looking for a Carriage sensor board..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.