Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 4500

I am getting an error screen.  I know what the error is.  However, I want to get to the main menu screen.  Is there a bypass to get to main menu screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In this case you will need to take care of the hardware error first, otherwise you won't be able to get that information.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can get either numerical error codes or warning messages. If the printer is showing up a non bootable error you will not be able to access the main menu but only some hidden menus to perform tests.

What is the the error shown on your printer

Regards,

Chris Estrada

HP Recommended

The error is showing a paper jam but its obviously a broken print head carriage belt.   I was hoping to get into main menu and see what was in the print queue. 

I have changed to a new computer and can't see old print history.

I can't curently access the queue through my computer because plotter won't boot up.  

HP Recommended

In this case you will need to take care of the hardware error first, otherwise you won't be able to get that information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.