Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T1100

My client has a T1100 with error 21:13, I replaced the service station now it initializes as follows:

• it initializes the service station (I ran the diagnostic test as well it passed)
  • the carriage moves out of the service station to the left
  • then to the right
  • pinchwheel is lifted twice
  • it displays error 86:01

I ran diagnostic test on the carriage, service station and scan axis. 

• The scan axis failed at the part where it checks the complete length of the Scan-Axis and displays the error 87:01

Any ideas?WhatsApp Image 2017-04-13 at 4.22.56 PM.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Since you changed the service station, odds are you got some ink on the encoder strip which runs thru the carriage assembly. Using a damp lint free cloth, lightly clean the encodeer from end to end. Be careful not to rub to hard as sometimes you end removing the fine lines which the carriage needs to read to get to the correct position.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply I did clean it with a damp cloth. I see the lines on the ends of the encoder strip. However in the middle I barely see the lines almost clear strip. 

HP Recommended

Replace the encoder strip and see what happens.

HP Recommended

I will I´ll let you know when I do thanks :generic:

HP Recommended

Ok, So I replaced the encoder strip but the same error showed up. 86:01 I removed the carriage and it had a clip that says hi and lo. I moved that I think I actually had to do with the PPS when It moved into the service station side it wasn´t clicking with the selenoid. 

Now works fine!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.