Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 32 Media Display N9C43A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I enable Freesync in this HP Envy 32 Media Display. I switched displayport to 1.2 and enabled and disabled Video overDrive on and off. Is there another setting i need to enable or disable. I chatted with HP support but they want me to pay for their Smartfriend Technician just to be able to figure out how to turn on a feature that is not even mentioned in their manual.  Any help will be apprciated, I know its a fairly new product so there is not alot of information available online.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured it out, replying to my comment so people in the future will know how to enable it.

On the right side on the screen there are 3 buttons, press the "+" button in the middle twice and select Gaming, save your settings and you should get a notification to enable freesync.  

Gaming_mode.PNG 

freesync.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your source ? From a computer or from something else ? If from a computer, what is your computer and its Operating system ? You also need DP 1.2a, not 1.2.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I dont get an option for DP 1.2a just 1.1 or 1.2. I  am runnin Windows 10 64 bit with AMD  Radeon R9 390 running 

Catalyst 15.7.1 & Graphics Driver connected to displayport.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like you've got all you need inclusing Catalyst & Driver. You may need the last bit:

Once all that is done, open the AMD Catalyst Control Center program on your computer. Click the “My Digital Flat-Panels” on the left column, then “properties.” The last option in the right column is “AMD FreeSync technology (or DP Adaptive-Sync.”) Click “Enable,” then click the “apply” button at the bottom of the window. Now start your game and enjoy your smoother graphics.

Source:  http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/should-you-grab-an-amd-freesync-monitor-well-break-it-down-fo...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I dont get that option.

no_freesync.PNG

HP Recommended

I figured it out, replying to my comment so people in the future will know how to enable it.

On the right side on the screen there are 3 buttons, press the "+" button in the middle twice and select Gaming, save your settings and you should get a notification to enable freesync.  

Gaming_mode.PNG 

freesync.PNG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.