Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

None of the solutions listed by representatives work. Simply Poor construction.  I have tried them all. Still OSD Lockout.

HP Recommended

I have been getting this obnoxious menu for about 2 weeks now. About a year ago it happened for a few days then disappeared. This time I think it is here to stay. This is crazy.

Actually, the whole menu, per se, doesn't pop up. It is only the Brightness section that pops up. At the bottom left corner of that blue pop up there is a  number 1 inside of a box  and the word EXIT, and on the right corner there is a number 2 inside of a box and the word CONTRAST. Pressing #1 brings up another pop up that says  LOCKING POWER BUTTON with a small horizontal rectangle that fills up in yellow (from Left to Right). Once filled, it says POWER BUTTON LOCKED and both popups go away for about a minute then come back.

Pressing #2 does absolutely nothing wether I long press or just press it quickly.

The whole screen menu -the one that we can navigate with the arrows, the one that allow us to move the picture on the screen either upward, downward, to the left, to the right, as well as do or change other things with how we view the picture on our screen- does not come up at all.

I am going to try reinstalling the monitor drivers and I'll let you know what happens.

UPDATE: 

ok. I tried to update driver and the system said that the one driver I have is the most up to date (2007 right...) Anyway, I just left it alone.

However, the pop up went away as soon as I did this little trick and has not popped up again going on about 10 mins now -which is a tremendous improvement! This just may be it.  I want to kick myself on the hind-end. Here is the link:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t5280732-acer_al1914_osd_menu_pops_up 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.