adjust brightness (57472 Views)
Student
painterx
Message 1 of 30 (57,472 Views)

adjust brightness

just purchased an HP Omni 120 win 7 home ed, how do i adjust the brightness and contrast of the display? fn+f(x) keys don't work, nothing on the keyboard (the one that came with it) represents brightness/contrast, nothing on the monitor itself to adjust anything. can anyone help? 

Honor Student
SilverWheel
Message 2 of 30 (57,452 Views)

Re: adjust brightness

I'm having trouble with this too and my display is ridiculously bright right now. All the guides that came with the Omni 120 indicate that there should be brightness controls on the right side of the monitor, next to the disk drive, but there isn't anything there. There isn't anything on the keyboard either to control the brightness like on my HP laptop. Is there an on-screen control for adjusting the brightness and contrast?

Honor Student
SilverWheel
Message 3 of 30 (57,444 Views)

@ Painterx:

I managed to figure this one out with the help of a chat with someone at HP. There is no external control for the brightness and contrast, instead you have to go to the Control Panel, click on Hardware and Sound, then in the Power Options Section, click on "Change power-saving settings." There's a slider to adjust brightness at the bottom of the window.

I wish they would have made a short-cut to it in the taskbar like the sound control... but what can you do?

Student
janslaw
Message 4 of 30 (57,344 Views)

Thank you so much!!!!

Student
Debbo
Message 5 of 30 (57,147 Views)

I figured out how to change the brightness, but I need to change the contrast. I can barely read what I'm writing here, for example, since the words are in gray on white. Is there a contrast setting? Does anyone know why this suddenly happened?

Thanks for any help?

Honor Student
summerwalk
Message 6 of 30 (44,928 Views)

It blows me away that, after two years, no-one has been bright enough to answer this very straighforward question anywhere on the internet.  

Right-click on the desktop.  Pick Graphics Properties.  Change whatever you want.  Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation.  It's great.  Better than any controls on the side can do.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit irritated but this should have been an easy one for you HP kids to answer for painterx.

Honor Student
Minkiesmum
Message 7 of 30 (41,427 Views)

Thanks so much for this very simple answer. I'd spent an age trying to turn the brightness down on my laptop !!!

Lynda~:smileysurprised:

Student
Message 8 of 30 (38,590 Views)

Thanks that helped alot it was really helpful thanks alot i just got a new laptop and it came with a really low screen light so thanks again!

Student
Gopagle
Message 9 of 30 (38,044 Views)

How to adjust the brightness of the HP Omni 120 Monitor.  There is no adjust button around the Display

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 10 of 30 (37,637 Views)

Hello Gopagle,

I understand you want to adjust the brightness on your HP Omni, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation