Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do I unistall and re-install the original IDT drvier (which I think includes Beats Audio) -- according to HP site it is SP71717?

Really do need some help soonest as I am getting a feedback noise from sound card and have to turn off card

Standing by 

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

I've an HP dv6-7280sl, I tried all the solutions given here and in other posts, never found a solution. It's very frustrating having my Beats audio OFF. I can't hear the difference on the sound if I move the 9 equalizer bars. 
WHAT have I to do? Please help.

P.S. I have Win10 Pro x64.

HP Recommended

RE: "I've an HP dv6-7280sl, I tried all the solutions given here and in other posts, never found a solution."

If you still have this issue, here's what worked for me - have a dv6-7138us upgraded from Win7 to Win10 x64.

1) Find your old Driver that worked in C:\SWSetup. If not sure of the sp number, go here and look it up, probably sp59654 for Windows 8.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-dv6-7200-notebook-pc-series/5296055/model/5...

2) Open Device Manager and uninstall the Microsoft Driver taking the place of your former IDT Driver under Sound. It may say something like High Definition Audio Device. Do not restart PC.

3) In Device Manager, highlight the top entry above the Hardware list. Click Action, add legacy hardware, Next, select "install the hardware manually...", Next, select Sound..., Next, select IDT if there (if not ignore), click Have Disc, browse to sp59654 if correct as above, open sub-folder WDM (or where you can find the most current OS listed - mine was Vista), open that OS folder, select the 64-bit .inf file, open and follow the prompts.

I got an error message at the end, but it was a false positive. Beats came back for me in the Hidden Taskbar Icons, not Control Panel.

The general procedure above may work for many others as well.

OUgrad

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

First off, I have a HP Envy 23-d060qd that I have had for some time.  Unfortunately, I had to have the system "checked & cleaned" quite some time ago and can not use the standard HP recovery methods.  After I updatedated to Windows 10 and asome subsequent further updates, the Beats audio control items are missing

Having said that, how do I determine what is the correct file for my particular system?  Will the one you suggest in your post work on my system

Thank you very much

Boomer Sooner!

HP Recommended
Boomer Sooner back Al 🙂 Now to the more trivial matter at hand... Your non-OEM installation should not be an issue. Your PC just needs the Audio Driver from HP's website based on your original OS. Try the original first. If a more recent OS and Driver is available, I'd save it for a later try. Go to www.hp.com , mouse on Support, click Software & drivers and enter your Model as Envy 23-d060qd, or here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers . Select the original OS, Win7 or Win8, click the Audio Driver, click more info to get the SP number of the File you will download, then download Driver (saving as) to a known location like your Downloads Folder. Once the Download completes, run or double click it to install. It will unpack to the C:\SWSetup Folder, creating it if necessary. It will attempt to install and may succeed. If so, you're done. If not, ignore any error messages, including something like does not apply to your Hardware as was the case with mine above. Go to the new SP Folder and open it as I describe above to find where the .inf File is you will need to Browse to in Device Manager. You will likely need to know if your OS is 64-bit or 32-bit to select the correct .inf File. System in Control Panel has that info if needed. Once you have the File Path down, close Windows Explorer (File Explorer in Win10) and go to Device Manager by right clicking the Win10 Start Menu Button and follow my procedure above. Let me know if you encounter any problems. OUgrad
HP Recommended

Not working for me. I'm very Irritated that HP didn't solve that problem. My laptop has still win8 driver.:robotmad:

HP Recommended

P.S. Al, before you download the SP per my Post above, check C:\SWSetup to see if it is still there. OUgrad

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Well, I have a number of sub-folders under C:\SWSetup.  While there are several that have RTF files that explain what they are for, there are 6 that have no file that explains what they are

So I went back to the HP drivers download as per your previous post.  Sadly, when I expand the list of drivers for my Envy 23-d060qd, there is none for audio.

I do have the original CD that came with my computer, but do know what file to look for -- so if I can at least get the SP file number then I may be able to hunt a little more intelligently.

Appreciate your help

Boomer Sooner !

Al

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

An update.

I was in error.  I do not have original disks -- there were none that came with my Envy 23-d060qd; instead what I have is a 4 disk recovery set that I made shortly after getting the system.

Also, in addition to no Beats control panel, the integral microphone does not work

So my previous post for help still stands.

Thanks

Al

HP Recommended
Hi Al, For some reason HP has no Audio Driver listed for Win7 64-bit. You will need to use the Win8.1 64-bit Audio Driver here - SP64878 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64878.exe "Save As" to a known location first as noted above. After you Run or double-click it, you will find its' Folder named SP64878 within the C:\SWSetup Folder. The .inf File you are looking for will likely have the number 64 (64-bit) as part of the name if you find two there together. FYI, the Recovery Disc Set you burned is an Image File. You cannot extract anything from it. You could use it to Restore your PC to the original Factory OEM condition, but it would erase all Files you have created and installed Programs, so Files must be backed up first before using those discs. Suggest you try the above first to save time. Let me know if you have any glitches trying the above. OUgrad P.S. This should bring your Mic back to life as well.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.