Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion P7-1436s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Updated to Windows 10 from 8.1 and everything seemed to go ok.  There was some kind of update sometime later after the install and it removed my Beats audio. How or can i get it back?   I have looked and tried a few suggestions (most everything is for notebooks) but no success.  Might be a rumor but did Mac buy out Beats Audio and is that why nothing works now?  I do not have Realtek software (i did a complete seach on my PC) so anything with that solution does not work.   Any other alternatives to improve the sound quality?   Alot of question but i need some help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a W10 desktop PC version of the Beats Audio driver you can try that works with many HP desktop PC's with the IDT Beats audio.  Install and restart the PC...

This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Where-is-beats-And-sound-is-bad-after-windows-10-install...

Regards,

Note: I think Apple bought Beats before Windows 10, finding software/driver for Windows 10 now could be a challenge and could be one explanation why HP machines now have B&O.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a W10 desktop PC version of the Beats Audio driver you can try that works with many HP desktop PC's with the IDT Beats audio.  Install and restart the PC...

This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks so much it worked great!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.