Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Upgraded to Windows 10 in late June. I've never used my cd/dvd player, but when I attempted to, it did not play my cd. I also realized I had NO Audio when I played YouTube Videos, nor when I was  watching videos on FaceBook, nor any other website. Yesterday, while attending a GoToWebinar, I was given a choice of Audio Format, and I got SOUND!!! However, I could not repeat that success on YouTube, etc. I've been using the Earphone Jack in the Top Front of my Envy Tower. I do get Audio if I plug into a Rear Headphone Jack, but I want to know what's the Problem with the Front Jack, and my CD Player. I tried Updating my Audio Drivers, and anything else I could find, both on Windows And HP Support. Please: HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you enter the product number of your PC in the support site search box, it should direct you to the exact Phoenix 810 model support page.

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this W10 IDT desktop PC driver.  Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Paul, thanks so much for your Reply. But, as I'd mentioned in my Query, I downloaded the Audio Driver from HP Support. I still have no Audio from the Front Jack on my Envy. When I do a Troubleshooting Audio Test, I'm asked to listen for Sounds, which I hear, I click yes, keep my driver, then... when I play a video: Nothing! I also get no sound when I play a CD: I open Windows Media Player, put in the CD, a Track starts Playing, but I hear nothing. What the heck? I've spent a lot of hours on this, very frustrating.

HP Recommended

I'm listening to a GoToWebinar, right now. It says I'm using the Communication Headphones (IDT HD Codec), or something to that effect. However, at the bottom of my screen, the Audio Icon has a Red X, nad says I have no speakers or headphones plugged in. I also can not control the volume using my keyboard, I have to use GoToWebinar's tools. Any Ideas?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you to try other than to purchase an inexpensive PCIe x1 audio card that has support for W10.

There are many posts regarding this issue regarding the IDT audio and W10 about missing audio operations.

However the driver I posted for you should have restored the Beats audio function, as I have given it to dozens of forum members with desktop PC's and the IDT audio with Beats.

Since I didn't know what specific model PC you had, I assumed it only had W7, W8 and W8.1 audio drivers available, which is why I posted that driver.

HP Recommended

Thanks again, Paul. I didn't put Product Name in body, because hp says to put it in header. Envy Phoenix 810 Desktop is the Model I have, and I've Upgraded to Windows 10 (64-bit).  I tried looking through the Forums, but had a hard time finding my model and my exact problem.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you enter the product number of your PC in the support site search box, it should direct you to the exact Phoenix 810 model support page.

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

HP Recommended

What's great about the HP Support is, that it "sensed" my Model, Number, etc., and opened up a whole page with a list of things I could do, so I went to Drivers, Audio, etc. and downloaded the Driver you mentioned. Restarted, and nothing...Darn!

I was hoping this was a common problem, and I could find the answer easily: oh, well. This computer has been working great, so I'm really disappointed with this upgrade, etc. Why isn't it "routing" the Audio signal to that front jack (the exception being Audio from GoToWebinar)? Weird. Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep looking.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you solve the problem.

Please post back, and let us know if you ever find a solution to the front jack audio not working.

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me and Beats contol panel came back and works.  I had an earlier post to you and thanks for getting back to me with this solution!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.