Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion a6750f
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I have an old very nice computer, which I really don't use.  I wanted to watch videos of Once Upon a Time and can't get sound.  In fact I can't get any sound on email videos either.

I have windows vista home premium 64 bit

HP mediasmart software suite

ati Radwon HD 3200 Graphics

I had realtek 2009 and just updated that to realtek H Definition R 2.79

There is no update for ati radeon hd 3200 graphics

This computer automatically gets all microsoft updates and I just checked all HP updates.

1. Are there internal speakers on this pc?  Monitor is HP 2009m

2. Since I wasn't having any luck, I plugged in 2 speakers and it appears they are ok, but all I get is buzzing.

So I know something is not right since I can't even get sound on email videos.

Any help is appreciated - and/or is my stuff too out of date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but the computer wouldn't let me select the default button.

Anyway played with alot of stuff on the computer and now I have wonderful sound!  It did give me a clicking noise but did find that on the net on how to solve that.

Thrilled to have sounds!  Now I can get my new dog in the basement to meet the cats while I watch a movie!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@babe2, welcome to the forum.

@babe2 wrote:

I have an old very nice computer, which I really don't use.  I wanted to watch videos of Once Upon a Time and can't get sound.  In fact I can't get any sound on email videos either.

I have windows vista home premium 64 bit

HP mediasmart software suite

ati Radwon HD 3200 Graphics

I had realtek 2009 and just updated that to realtek H Definition R 2.79

There is no update for ati radeon hd 3200 graphics

This computer automatically gets all microsoft updates and I just checked all HP updates.

1. Are there internal speakers on this pc?  Monitor is HP 2009m  There are no speakers in the computer, but there are speakers in the monitor.

2. Since I wasn't having any luck, I plugged in 2 speakers and it appears they are ok, but all I get is buzzing.  You should go into the Control Panel / Sound to assure that the speakers are set to Default.  I would try reinstalling the original audo driver.

So I know something is not right since I can't even get sound on email videos.

Any help is appreciated - and/or is my stuff too out of date?

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Uh oh!  I bought this computer so long ago - not sure I can find the discs.  Found them for my laptop and my older computer with xp - but no discs for this computer in the discussion.

Is there a place on the pc to find out what I have for audio - think I can find it and then go to their website to download it?

Am thinking it may be too old.

Will try the default tomorror in the am and let you know if that works -

Thanks so much for your help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but the computer wouldn't let me select the default button.

Anyway played with alot of stuff on the computer and now I have wonderful sound!  It did give me a clicking noise but did find that on the net on how to solve that.

Thrilled to have sounds!  Now I can get my new dog in the basement to meet the cats while I watch a movie!

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting the Solution to your problem, @babe2.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.