Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
D160QD
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I have a Envy23 AIO ToichSmart... My PC quit booting up (black screen)... I tried changing memory, motherboard, and scalar card... Still will not boot up...
I have 8 GB memory in it...

For troubleshooting purposes... I tried different memory..2 GB... The machine boots up... If I put in 4 GB memory or the same memory 8 GB 1600 that the computer came with... It will not boot up... Why is memory size now an issue ? What do I need to replace to get my computer running normally again ?

Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FINALLY RESOLVED my issue..

I had installed Windows 10 and it corrupted my bios.... 

I was able to boot up the computer with a 2gb chip inplace of the 8gb chip.

I downloaded the BIOS upgrade and installed it...

I then formated and reinstalled the operating system and I no longer have a black screen..

System boots up every time now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What about the 8Gb memory, have you tried testing it with perhaps another PC?

Chances are that the 8Gig memory is not working as it sould and causing problems with POST.

If the PC had an issue then the 2Gb Memory would also not work.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes...

I bought another 8 gb memory module and tried that...  I also tried 2 - 2gb chips..

Anything over 2 gb memory will prevent the computer from post startup ...  BLACK SCREEN..

I appreciate and Thank you for your reply....

What else can I try... am I missing ?

HP Recommended
Would a processor do this if it was going bad ?
HP Recommended
Any takers on solving my boot issue ?
HP Recommended

FINALLY RESOLVED my issue..

I had installed Windows 10 and it corrupted my bios.... 

I was able to boot up the computer with a 2gb chip inplace of the 8gb chip.

I downloaded the BIOS upgrade and installed it...

I then formated and reinstalled the operating system and I no longer have a black screen..

System boots up every time now.

HP Recommended

I believe i have a corrupt bios as well but the screen is black so I can't update it. My keyboard lights will not even flicker. Is this the same problem you were having? if so just replacing the memory fixed the boot problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.