Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 6005 small form factor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have hp 6005 Small form factor which recently stop working. After turning the system on it would turn right off and give 9 beeps. After looking it up I found it was the CMOS battery. I replaced it problem resolved, well so I thought. Some time during the middle of last year the VGA onboard video stop working. I replaced it with a NVIDIA DVI card. Well with the replacing of the CMOS battery the system has defaulted back only seeing the VGA card and the PS2 inputs. All I get at this point is a blank screen on the VGA screen and when I switch my monitor to digital all I get is Self Test Feature Check. Nothing coming out of the DVI card. So at this point unless someone has any help on this issue I will have to trash the machine, really do not want to do that though.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Most "low-end" computers will automatically disable the "onboard" video-adapter when you insert a video-card into a PCI/PCI-E slot.

So, if the inserted video-card has failed, remove it, and connect your monitor to the "onboard" video-port, and try it.

If nothing is visible on the screen, insert a different video-card, connect your monitor to that video-out port, and try it.

Is there a "jumper" on the motherboard to "clear CMOS settings" ?

If so, use that jumper to reset the motherboard to its "default" settings,

which may "prefer" to use the add-in video-card as the "primary video".

HP Recommended

I apologies I should have mention in my original post that I also did that still got the same results. Maybe I might need to purchase another video card and see what happens then.

HP Recommended

Hi:

9 beeps = System powers on but is unable to boot.

See Appendix A, page 59 for the troubleshooting steps to take for that code...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01516072

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.