Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a simple question.  I want to be able to change the boot screen picture.  When I power up / boot my Pavilion 500 PC running Windows 10 before I touch anything I see a football field picture.  I have tried to change this picture, but have had no success.  How may I change this boot up picture?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

David:

On January 24th 2017 the foot ball stadium boot up screen automatically changed to the Cliffs of Morhar in Ireland.  I am sure that this boot screen is under the control of Hewlett Packard and is changed by them whenever they send an update.  I believe that this screen cannot be changed by the user.  

To answer your question this screen pops in after the "HP" logo and before I touch any button or Left Click in mouse.  I am thinking that this is a Hewlett Packard controlled screen.  I just hope that some supervisor does not get the idea to start sending ads in this fashion to bring in more revenue for HP.  But, I can see this happening in today's money loving world.

Thanks for attempting to correct this situation, but it is something beyond the users control.

Douglas Dwyer 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @DouglasDwyer,

Good day .and thank you for choosing the HP community. ! 🙂 It is a great location to find resolutions.

I reviewed the post about changing the windows login screen. I’ll be more than happy to assist you here. 🙂

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly and performed great analysis of the situation before posting the query on HP forums.

Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you. It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers.

I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better. 🙂

Please try these steps:

Be very careful before doing this and please do this correctly to the “T” as tweaking the registry might prevent windows from booting up correctly.

If done correctly, there should be no problem.

1. Go to Start > All apps > Windows System > Run. Type Regedit in the Run textbox and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.

2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > System.

3. Right-click System and click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Label this new DWORD DisableLogonBackgroundImage.

4. Right-click DisableLogonBackgroundImage and click Modify.

5. Under Value data: type 1 (default will be 0). Click OK. (To switch back to the default Windows log-in screen, change this value back to 0.)

6. Press Windows key + L to lock your PC. When you log in, you will see a flat color background (it will be the same color as your accent color) instead of the flashy Windows screen. If you want to change the color of this new log-in background, just go to Settings > Personalization > Colors and pick a new accent color.

There is a YouTube Link also that would help a great deal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtH-Dpyi18

Please do not click on any ad, link, image, popup or download as this is a third party YouTube link. This is for viewing the video only.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I thank you for responding back to me about my question on how to change the boot up screen from a footbal field to something else.  I followed your solution to the letter exactly how you suggested.

Unfortunity for me the boot-up screen is still the same.  When I start up the Pavilion 500 PC operating Windows 10 the football stadium is still there I it was not changed at all.  I must tell you that this screen appears with a power on and it just appears without me doing or touching a thing.

So, thank you for trying but your solution did not work. Sorry.

Doug Dwyer

HP Recommended

Hi @DouglasDwyer,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. The steps that I gave you should have worked. I request you to take a snap of the actual screen before login and send a picture of that for me to assist you better. 

When do you exactly see the football screen?

Is it after the HP logo and before logging in with your password?

Are you speaking about the windows lock screen?

If you could give me more information about it for better clarity, I would be able to assist you better.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care and do have a blessed weekend. 🙂 It was great working with you. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

David:

On January 24th 2017 the foot ball stadium boot up screen automatically changed to the Cliffs of Morhar in Ireland.  I am sure that this boot screen is under the control of Hewlett Packard and is changed by them whenever they send an update.  I believe that this screen cannot be changed by the user.  

To answer your question this screen pops in after the "HP" logo and before I touch any button or Left Click in mouse.  I am thinking that this is a Hewlett Packard controlled screen.  I just hope that some supervisor does not get the idea to start sending ads in this fashion to bring in more revenue for HP.  But, I can see this happening in today's money loving world.

Thanks for attempting to correct this situation, but it is something beyond the users control.

Douglas Dwyer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.