Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All in one PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a one year old all in one pc.

I got the harddrive not found 3F0 error.

HP support sent technician to my house to replace the harddrive. This obviously came with all new windows. Clean pc.

About one one week later I received the same message again.

Rang HP support and they said they will resend the technician to replace the harddrive agian as it must have been a faulty harddrive.

I just don't believe the harddrive is at fault. The harddrive is brand new and works if you plug the harddrive into another pc. The only thing I had time to install in the week was Norton antivirus software.

What else can cause this error?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI @totallynumbered, how do you do ?

Realize this test of document below for certified about this error:

HP Notebook PCs - Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

Unfortunally, if this error persist, do you need send this notebook to the enginner replace the hard drive.

I hope that helps !
🙂

Can I ask you a favor ?

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
:OpenSmile:

I´m a volunteer in the HP Forum !

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I read that article the first time I received this error and none of those solutions resolved the issue. And besides, a brand new hand drive has already been installed and all new windows has been installed along with the new harddrive. And the error is still appearing. It has to be something else
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.