Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 25L Gaming PC - Intel® Core™ i5, RTX 2060, 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP OMEN 25L Gaming PC

-Intel® Core™ i5-10400F

-RTX 2060

-Motherboard: Dorado Micro ATX (SSID: 8704)

After using it, without a problem for 1year and 1 month, it started to turn on for a few seconds and then turning off, and repeat again until I take the plug out.

Guy in the Service Shop told me that the problem is with either processor or motherboard, since he didn't have compatible processor to test it, he returned the desktop back to me.

My objective is to repair it with the minimum cost and possibly sell. 

How should I tackle this problem?

I can provide more information regarding the desktop if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It was physically shutting down, once I click start button, it's ON for 2 sec and turns off by itself, and repeat.

It was manager, and the desktop was held by him for few months.

Yesterday I resat RAM cards, graphic card, CMOS battery, checked if all cables are connected, cleaned inside and somehow it turned on. 

I used it to check if everything is working and it's seems that it is. 

Anyway thanks for replying.

Have a good day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BrunoBry -- what do you mean by "turning off" ?

Is it physically shutting-down, such as when you press the ON/OFF button to cut the electrical power?

Or, does it start to load Windows, and then spontaneously restart, and again start to load Windows, and again to spontaneously restart, and start to load Windows, and ....  ???

> Guy in the Service Shop told me that the problem is with either processor or motherboard, 

Sigh. That guy did not provide good service to you.  Was the guy an employee, or the manager ?

You could have a "hardware" problem -- i.e., overheating and proactively shutting-down, or a busted fan that is not cooling the computer.

You probably have a "software" problem -- Windows is crashing, as it is loading.

I recommend that you find a different computer technician, who can "repair" your copy of Windows.

HP Recommended

It was physically shutting down, once I click start button, it's ON for 2 sec and turns off by itself, and repeat.

It was manager, and the desktop was held by him for few months.

Yesterday I resat RAM cards, graphic card, CMOS battery, checked if all cables are connected, cleaned inside and somehow it turned on. 

I used it to check if everything is working and it's seems that it is. 

Anyway thanks for replying.

Have a good day!

HP Recommended

@BrunoBry -- if you have received all the information that you need, please click "Accept As Answer", to tell the contributors that you no longer need any more help.  Also, click "yes" to each "was this reply helpful?" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.