Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z400 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have read online about some BIOS offer quick boot instead of test everything during boot up. Does the Z400 offer such a thing as that would speed up boot time alot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Some PCs have a by-pass POST function but I wouldn't recommend using it.  You'll find it in the BIOS if it's available for your PC.

After a dead power off then launch Task Manager and look under the Startup tab for the last BIOS time. The more sophisticated the motherboard is the longer the BIOS time.  Triple and quad channel memory technology take more time to initialize.  Using RAID will also slow down the BIOS time.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Some PCs have a by-pass POST function but I wouldn't recommend using it.  You'll find it in the BIOS if it's available for your PC.

After a dead power off then launch Task Manager and look under the Startup tab for the last BIOS time. The more sophisticated the motherboard is the longer the BIOS time.  Triple and quad channel memory technology take more time to initialize.  Using RAID will also slow down the BIOS time.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
I don't see anything in BIOS ... and I have triple channel mem ... and just set up a raid zero. I guess that explains the slow down
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.