Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

No problem, erico! I am inceasingly grateful for all the free help and effort you are providing me, apart from whether the solution is reached or not.

I have zoomed in and taken the new pictures you requested. They are included below. I see that that "CLR PASSWORD" is written onto the board (which makes me hopeful). However, it did not come with any colored jumpers, only black ones.

Closeup1.JPG

Closeup2.JPG

HP Recommended

This will help. Let me ask my internal contacts about theses headers, now that we have some relly detailed info.

It is Sunday, so please be patient.

It may take a couple of days for them to respond to the request for information.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Any progress, erico?

HP Recommended

I am still waiting on HP.

So far, it appears that because this is a 2011 year model, they did not receive instructions on how to reset the BIOS PWD via the jumpers.  

The last response I got from a thread that I began on this subject was this past Monday.  Ly Hp contact said that he would ask again.

Thanks for your patience.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Anything at all?

Is there any way to obtain these pins if they are merely missing?

Or is it time to give up on this?

HP Recommended

It appears that my internal contacts did not receive information on how to reset the password on the motherboard in your PC from the manufacturer of the motherboard.

That is why it is not present in the available documentation. 

HP Recommended

Take a look at the last image you posted for me.

I would move the jumper on the header from its current position to the  second set  from the top to see if it clears the password.

Give it an arbitrary amount of time, say 5-10 seconds, return it to the original position and then check to see if that cleared the password.

HP Recommended

I had forgotten to check back here. Thanks again, erico. I was able to reset the password and get past it to normally boot the computer.

HP Recommended

@SunSon

It is good to hear that I was able to help you get the problem sorted out. 

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.