Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G5 Base Model Microtower PC

Whe I Turned on my PC it started to the HP sure protected start. but never booted a message: "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your Hard Disk. Hard Disk - (3F0)"

The next line tells me to go to the techcenter at HP.

Tried to restart by turning off the PC and after trying the Esc key while booting it brought me to the "PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI." ran all the diagnosticas test and all PASSED.

If I try repair with an USB windows 11 installation. and go to the Command prompt screen it tells me that the Hard Disk is locked by BitLocker and that I need to unlock it before doing any repairs .

I do not have the BitLocker key to access that C: drive?

Any help and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Sadnewbie 

Welcome back to the Forum.

You are stuck between a rock and a hard place if you enabled BitLocker but don't have the BitLocker Recovery key. Or HP shipped this PC with BitLocker enabled.

HP have been shipping W11 Home consumer PCs with Device Encryption enabled by default. The user has no idea the system drive is encrypted until a BitLocker key prompt is encountered at system startup. Some consumer PC BitLocker prompts are the result of a corrupted TPM.

HP Sure Start may also be an adverse player in your scenario.

It sounds like the system drive is okay (diagnostics passed). But the system drive is inaccessible, so you see a 3F0 error at startup.

You might want to copy and paste your question In the HP Business PC section of this Forum at this Link.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.